Are you an FPS gamer? Or do you plan to become one?
In both cases, you need to have a good aim to be good at FPS gaming. People who play Valorant and CS: GO will definitely agree with me. CS: GO has almost 35 million followers on Twitch and new players join the platform every day.
To get ahead of your competition, you need to train and practice regularly using an aim trainer. I am sure most of you are using the in-game shooting range arena to improve your accuracy. But, lemme ask you this.
How do they measure your aim stats? Do they provide clear-cut data on your aim?
No right. They just provide you with the Kill-death-assist ratio (KDA) at the end of your training. This won’t help you become a better shooter but an aim trainer will.
Now you must be thinking, what’s an aim trainer and how do I get one?
Don’t worry. In this article, you will get to know about the best aim trainers for FPS gaming. So, do read it till the end.
What is an aim trainer?
Aim trainers are free browsing games that are specifically designed to improve your aim in competitive FPS games. They come with specific modes that focus on individual aspects like flicking, tracking, clicking, target switching, and strafe aiming. If you master these aspects, no one can stop you from winning. Aim trainers also show detailed stats of the game and the last 10 results that will help you in assessing your improvement over time.
Basic terms for FPS gaming
Now, before I proceed to the best aim trainers that are used for practicing. Let us first understand some basic skills related to FPS gaming and competitive shooting.
- Clicking – This is the first thing you should practice when playing FPS games. This will help you increase your skills and become a better player overall. It basically implies shooting a still target with accuracy and precision. Practice clicking until it feels natural to you.
- Flicking – This is a great mouse trick that helps you avoid getting killed. You move your mouse a bit away from the crosshair when you’re about to attack an enemy. You need to have a good reaction time and precision to pull it off.
- Tracking – It is one of the most difficult skills to master that requires constantly aiming your crosshair on a moving target in order to get a perfect kill shot. It comes real handy in FPS gaming when your opponent tries to dodge your shots
- Target switching – If you are outnumbered by waves of enemies, then target switching might come in handy. You’ll need to track your enemy, and then quickly switch targets once you notice them coming your way. If done correctly, this tactic can save your life and even be useful for double, triple, and Penta kills. This technique can help you climb the ladder if you’re aiming for the top tier.
Now that you are familiar with the basic skills and terminology for FPS gaming. Let’s hop on to some of the best aim trainers that will help you climb up the ranks and boost your FPS skills.
Which are the Best Aim Trainers for windows?
Aim Lab is an all-around aim trainer for gamers who love Valorant and Rainbow Six Siege. The aim trainer app has various training courses to help players improve their aim and speed. It provides a variety of training scenarios to help players get familiar with the game’s controls.
Once players feel comfortable with the controls, they can move on to other parts of the game. For example, players can start practicing their reaction time and hand-to-eye coordination. If you’re looking for a simple yet effective game to train your aim, then this is the perfect choice for you.
Feature of Aim lab
- Explore different scenarios and modes to enhance your training experience.
- Comes with a recommended training feature that gives you suggestions for other courses once you finish your training course.
- Shows a detailed report like total score, accuracy, time taken to kill, etc that comes in handy while working on your strengths and weaknesses.
OG Aim Trainer
OG aim trainer is the best browser-based free aim training game that helps in boosting your FPS gaming skills. It offers a variety of training modes that offer custom challenge, Doubleshot, moving target, and target tracking.
You can easily develop a muscle memory connection and eagle-like precision by using the OG aim trainer. For games like Apex legends, the moving target mode is the best mode to train and improve your FPS gaming skills.
Features of OG Aim trainer
- Offers custom settings like spawn rate, target limit, crosshair, and Number of lives.
- Get a detailed analysis at the end of the game Like accuracy, precision, speed, etc.
- Keeps a record of Top 10 scores to track your improvement.
- Offers three levels of difficulty i.e. easy, medium, and hard.
Steel series aim master
Steel series aim master is a great aim trainer for gamers. It offers many customization options for first-person shooter games like mouse sensitivity and camera sensitivity. You also get the functionality to record your scores and share them with your friends. It comes with a very friendly user interface and you also get the option to start your training with an assault rifle, snipe rifle, or a cannon.
Choose any firing weapon and master it to perfection with the steel series aim master. However, as it is a browser-based trainer, it lacks in the graphics department.
Feature of Steel series Aim Master
- Use the 60 seconds drill to master accuracy and reaction time.
- Challenge your friends in monthly challenges to beat your high score.
- Use the library to enhance your gaming knowledge and learn certain tips and tricks.
3D Aim Trainer
Launched in 2019, the 3D aim trainer offers to functionality to practice your aim both on the browser as well as on steam. The 3D aim trainer caters to the need of the players who love playing Fortnite, CS: GO, Apex legends, PUBG, and many more. It suggests a recommended training course for each of these FPS games.
In case, you get bored of the suggested training courses. You can recharge yourself by playing the zombie survival game mode and improve your aim as well.
Feature of 3D Aim trainer
- Offers a challenge mode to improve your aiming skills
- Gives you a list of detailed stats to identify your weaknesses and work on them.
- Gives you the option to customize your training area based on the FPS game you want to dominate.
As the name suggests, aimtastic is the most fascinating aim trainer in the history of gaming. It comes with specific training courses to improve your reaction time, reaction speed, tracking movements, and flicking.
Aimtastic is available on steam and it runs very smoothly on your system due to its low gaming requirements. It is a free-to-play aim trainer but, you will have to purchase DLCs if you wish to explore some premium levels or want to create your own levels.
Feature of Aimtastic
- You get the option to customize crosshair
- You can train your speed and improve your muscle memory by using the simple circle practice room.
- Built-in sensitivity converter for all popular games.
Aiming pro is a browser base aim trainer that is completely free to use. You can quickly warm up from the official website from anywhere. It offers the functionality to sync your mouse sensitivity settings for all the popular FPS games during the training course.
The aiming pro is the only aim trainer offers 100+ training skills and proper video guides. However, you can use also subscribe to the Aiming Pro + if you want some mode advanced drills and custom teaching assistants. It could be the best choice if you wish to improve your aim.
Features of Aiming pro:
- Discord community with over 9,000+ members
- Soothing music and interactive training courses
- Compare your skills around the world with the online leaderboard scores.
If you are someone who prefers minimalist designs then this aim trainer is perfectly designed for you. It gives players the option to jump straight into the FPS training without any fancy adjustments.
It is minimalist, yet it offers all the necessary training modes like Double shot, moving target, target tracking, custom challenge, etc.
All the training routines have a very simple goal. You have to hit all the targets before they disappear from the screen. You are only allowed to miss three targets, or else you lose the training.
They also have a gaming community on Disqus where you can communicate with other players and developers to provide feedback.
Feature of Aim trainer
- Simple and easy to understand
- Collects the stats of your last 10 matches
- Free-to-use trainer with a reflex training course
Aim booster is another simplistic but useful aim trainer like the aimtrainer.io. It is a web browser training game that is primarily built on HTML5. Most of you will like the user interface as it is very friendly. It does not show any fancy stats but it provides you with easy-to-understand graphs and basic stats like target hits, accuracy, etc.
Similar to other aim trainers it also features Double shot, sniping, twitch, reflex, and other training modes to improve your aim in FPS gaming.
Feature of Aim Booster
- Target section to check if you are hitting the target with perfect precision
- Heatmap section to see areas where you excel.
- Simple and effective gameplay to improve aim.
oSU Training Game
osu is primarily a rhythm-based game that is free to play. Although it is not specifically an aim trainer, osu can be used to improve your precision, reaction time, and tracking speed.
You can play the classic mode of osu to test and improve your aiming skills. The game play of the game is pretty simple. You just have to clear a song by following the beat. The score is measured based on your timing.
Feature of osu
- Improve reaction time by playing mania and taiko mode
- Test your skills by completing different beat maps in less time
- Playing it can greatly help in improving your precision
Aorus Aim Trainer
Aorus is a training game powered by Gigabyte. It offers two gaming environment and you can also choose your preferred gun i.e. sniper, pistol, or assault rifle. It does have any training modes but, it offers a great training experience that can greatly help in improving your aim for fps gaming. It offers a one-minute training session and the results are displayed at the end of the session
Feature of Aorus Aim trainer
- Gives you the option to customize crosshairs
- You can turn on/off black equaliser function for better aim training
- Give you the option to challenge your friends for a more competitive experience
Being an avid gamer, I will personally recommend you to try this trainer out. Skaavok aim trainer was developed by Donwozi, the content creator of Fortnite. They offers different training maps that explore all the aspects of third-person shooting games.
The interface is also pretty intriguing. You will basically have to shoot the settings with your rifle in case you wish to toggle the default settings.
Feature of Skaavok Aim trainer
- Practicing aiming, strafing, and sliding with over 15+ training courses.
- Offers next-level training experience.
- Free to use and virus free.
Released in 2020, Aim beast aim trainer is the ultimate deal. It is the solution to all your FPS problems. You can easily access Aim beast trainer from steam. The custom maps offer a great user experience to all the players.
Players can create their own training routines and they also get the option to customize box layout, change texture surface, spawn different targets etc. So far, Aim beast has a lot of positive reviews on steam.
Feature of Aim beast
- Comes with a clean and smooth interface.
- Everything is very responsive along with exceptional customization options.
- It features smart artificial intelligence along with different training modes.
Apex Aim Trainer
Players who play apex legends literally love this aim trainer. It is a must-use trainer that is available on steam. It can simulate weapon movements and character models of Apex legends very closely.
It allows you to have custom attachments and a weapon that replicates a real game scenario.
Feature of Apex aim trainer
- You can customize the bot’s behavior and movement like strafe, follow, etc.
- It is extremely useful for practicing sniping
- Offer the option to customize mouse sensitivity
Q1. Is Aim Lab the best aim trainer?
Ans: Aim lab is the best aim trainer when it comes to FPS gaming. It provides different aim training courses along with detailed stats.
Q2. Is 3D AIM trainer good for Fortnite?
Ans Yes, the 3D aim trainer is a good trainer for games like Fortnite as it offers to synchronize mouse sensitivity settings for all the popular FPS games.
Q3. Do aim trainers work?
Ans: Yes, aim trainers do work. They are a great tool to improve your FPS gaming skills through rigorous training.
Q4: How do I practice my aim?
Ans: You can easily practice and improve your aim by using any of the aim trainers like 3D aim trainer, aim booster, Aim lab, etc.
All aim trainers are good to improve your FPS gaming skills. You just have to choose the one that fulfills your training requirements. If you want a simple and minimalist aim trainer then go aim trainer.io.
Or if you want to compete on a professional level and want to improve your aiming skills specific to games like CS: GO, Valorant, then go for aim trainers that offer multiple functionalities like Aim lab, 3D aim trainer, Aiming pro, etc.