If you are an avid Minecraft player then you must know How to Make a blast furnace in Minecraft.
If not, then after reading this article I guarantee you that you will know the importance of a blast furnace and how to make one in Minecraft.
So let’s get started
Why do you need a blast furnace?
Blast Furnace saves so much time and does the work in an instant, the only drawback with blast furnaces is that you have to mine more fuel as compared to an ordinary furnace.
But let me ask you this – what’s more important in Minecraft time or fuel?
Well, for me it’s saving some time.
Whether it’s smelting ores or making armor, the blast furnaces play a crucial role in Minecraft. It can smelt ore in 5 seconds and work on a rate of 12 items per minute. It is a very valuable asset for players as it helps them to build things fast, resulting in a good gaming experience.
Items needed to built a blast furnace
You will need three items to built a furnace that are listed below:
How to make a blast furnace in Minecraft?
Now you know all the required ingredients. So, lets start with the process:
- Step 1: Go to the crafting table and open the crafting menu as shown above.
- Step 2: Place the 5 iron ingots, 3 smooth stones, and 1 furnace in the crafting table as shown.
- Step 3: Once the crafting is done. The blast furnace will be crafted in the resultant block marked in red.
- Step 4: You can take the blast furnace and put it into your inventory to use it anytime.
A lot of us know how to get these ingredients for making the furnace. However, if you are a beginner then follow the steps below to know how to make the ingredients.
How to make a furnace in Minecraft?
- Step 1: For making a standard furnace in Minecraft you will need 8 cobblestones or backstones . So collect them and open the crafting menu as shown.
- Step 2: We would be using cobblestone for this process. So place all the cobblestones on all the blocks of the crafting menu leaving the middle block empty as shown.
- Step 3: Your furnace will be ready once the crafting is done. You can now move the furnace displayed in the red block to your inventory.
How to make iron ingots in Minecraft?
All you need is 9 iron nuggets to make an iron ingot.
Just follow the step below:
- Step 1: Click on the crafting menu.
- Step 2: Place the 9 iron ingots exactly as shown in the image.
- Step 3: You will get an iron ingot to the right block once the crafting is finished.
- Step 4: Move the iron ingot marked in red to your inventory and easily use it to make a furnace.
How to make a smooth stone in Minecraft?
You first need to mine coal and cobblestone for making a smooth stone. Here’s the detailed guide on smooth stone and listed below is the shorter version of the same.
So, mine both the items and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open the furnace menu for melting the cobblestone.
- Step 2: Place the cobblestone above and the coal just below the cobblestone as shown above.
- Step 3: The coal will now be used to melt the cobblestone and your smooth stone will be crafted in the right block marked in red.
- You can now move the smooth stone to your inventory and use it to make a blast furnace.
Q1. Can I craft a blast furnace?
Ans: yes, you can craft a blast furnace using the crafting table by gathering all the items like soft stone, iron ingots, and a standard furnace.
Q2. What does a blast furnace do in Minecraft?
Ans. A blast furnace is used in Minecraft to smelt ores and turn them into ingots or any other item which can be used.
Q3.How do blast furnaces work?
Ans: A blast works on the mechanism based on the air system, it uses air pressure to smelt the ores and releases the pressures when smelting is done.
Q4. What is pig iron?
Ans: Pig iron is the resultant iron produced from the melting of iron ores and this iron is considered good for mending and other purposes.
Q5. Can a blast furnace smelt stone?
Ans: No, you can’t use a blast furnace to smelt stones for that purpose you have to use the standard furnace available in the game.
The Bottom Line
So overall blast furnace is a way better option for smelting as it takes much less time and does the work efficiently and exceptionally fast saving time and helping the players to build more and more and not have to wait too much for the smelting to be completed so that they can get to their work.