When it comes to making systems automated in Minecraft, redstone plays a major role in it and the new device brought out in the updates is the Redstone comparator.
What do you need a Redstone comparator?
A readstone comparator helps us to know the state of the block like whether it is full or whether it has the desired item or not, it can be integrated with a chest and perform its function.
The working of the comparator sounds fascinating right?
Let’s have a look at how to make a redstone comparator in Minecraft and what all items do we need.
Items required for redstone comaparator
Now that you have collected all the items required to craft the redstone comparator let’s start crafting it.
How to make a Redstone comparator in Minecraft?
- Step 1: Collect all the items and open the crafting menu.
- Step 2: Place the nether quartz at the middle of the grid and the redstone torches around the nether quartz as shown above.
- Step 3: Place the three smooth stones at the bottom of the crafting grid.
- Step 4: The redstone comparator will be crafted in the right block marked in red after the crafting process is finished.
- Step 5: Move the redstone comparator to your inventory as show above and use it as you like.
Now let’s look at how to get these ingredients in Minecraft.
Crafting Redstone torches in Minecraft:
For crafting Redstone torches you will require:
- Redstone dust : Redstone is found mostly in the bottom 16 blocks of the Minecraft world. If you mine straight to the bottom you can easily mine Redstone dust.
- Stick: For crafting sticks you just need some wood blocks. Place the blocks on the crafting table and the stick will be crafted.
- Step 1: Place the redstone dust and the stick in the crafting table as shown above.
- Step 2: Once the crafting takes place, the redstone torch will be crafted in the resultant block to the right.
- Step 3: Move the torch to your inventory and use it to make the redstone comparator.
Mining nether quartz:
Just to let you know nether quartz is yielded from quartz ore. For obtaining nether quartz you will have to find quartz ore blocks which are found in the nethers. So to access the nether you will need a nether portal. When you build the portal and reach nether there you can mine quartz ore block.
Mining smooth stones:
Mining stones is not a big task in Minecraft as they can be found anywhere near your mansion or any ponds or lakes. You just need a pickaxe to mine them
Q1. How do you craft a Redstone comparator?
Ans. Redstone comparator can be crafted by using Redstone torches, sticks and stones on the crafting table.
Q2. How to make a single comparator?
Ans. To make a single comparator you to place the torches in a particular sequence and the circuit wiring should be linear.
Q3. How do you make a Redstone repeater?
Ans. A repeater can be crafted using the linear wiring and placing the switches in a 3:1 placing.
Q4. How to make a Redstone loop?
Ans. A Redstone loop can be crafted using 6 repeaters and placed in such a sequence that the signal revolves around the circuit only.
Q5. How to craft red stone torches?
Ans. Redstone torches can be crafted using Redstone dust and some sticks.
The Bottom Line:
Redstone comparator is a very useful device as it can be used in a hopper or any mine where you need to know the status of the chest that whether items are getting collected in it or not. Whether the chest is full or has some space in it, as the device serves so many purposes and also can be crafted without any hassle.