Pets have been a big part of Minecraft for a long time now, there were many pets introduced in the game like cows, chickens, goats, and horses.
The Minecraft team has worked hard to make the game as realistic as possible, pets can be used for various different purposes in the game.
If you are new to the game and don’t know how you can pet the animals just have a look at this article and you will get a complete idea about How to tame a horse in Minecraft.
Why do you need to tame a horse?
As you cannot pet a horse until you tame it and make it follow you, so if you want to pet a horse in Minecraft you need to tame it. There are many benefits of taming a horse as it will be your pet afterward you can ride it and travel long distances and save time in the game.
Taming a horse is not very difficult and a horse can be made your pet in a few easy steps and afterward it can be very useful for you.
How to tame a horse in Minecraft?
To tame a horse in Minecraft follow the steps stated below:
- Step 1: Find a horse that can be normally located in plain biomes or in the forests. You can use a map for locating the biomes.
- Step 2: Go close to the horse and right-click on it.
- Step 3: Once you right-click on the horse you will be riding the horse.
- Step 4: In the first few attempts, the horse will buck you off of it as it is not your pet till then.
- Step 5: You have to give it some attempts and then only the horse will be tamed.
- Step 6: When you see heart signs appearing on the head of the horse that means it is tamed.
How to ride a horse:
For riding a horse you should have tamed it i.e. it should be your pet. So to ride a horse follow the steps stated below:
- Step 1: First of all, tame the horse and make it your pet.
- Step 2: If you do not tame the horse it will buck you off and you won’t be able to ride the horse.
- Step 3: So when you have tamed the horse and you have climbed it open the inventory.
- Step 4: When you climb the horse and open the inventory it will also show you the horse’s inventory there so drag the saddle from your inventory to the horse’s inventory and then you can control the horse.
Q1. How do you tame and saddle a horse in Minecraft?
Ans. To tame a horse in Minecraft you have to ride it by right-clicking on it and when heart signs appear on the head of the horse it means it is tamed.
Q2. Do you need a saddle to tame a horse in Minecraft?
Ans. You don’t need a saddle to tame a horse but you will a saddle to control the horse while riding it.
Q3. How do you tame a horse and ride it?
Ans. To tame a horse you need to right-click on it and in some attempts, it will be tamed. For riding a horse you will need a saddle.
Q4. What is the easiest way to tame a horse?
Ans. The easiest way to tame a horse is by right-clicking on it and giving it a few attempts until the heart signs appear on the horse.
Q5. Why can’t I tame a horse in Minecraft?
Ans. You might not be able to tame the horse because of the wrong click button you are using.
Taming animals in Minecraft is very useful as it makes the animal your pet. The animal you have made your pet can give you many resources and can help you survive easily in the game. Making a horse your pet helps you to ride long distances on it and save the time which is consumed while walking there.